Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bathrooms

Well, bathrooms in India are their own adventure and thus deserve their own blog post. My very first experience of an Indian bathroom/toilet was in the Indira Gandhi International Airport. I had just flown 14.5 hours on the international flight, so I needed to use the restroom! haha. Anyways, I waited untill I got through customs, exchanged my money, and claimed my baggage. Then I couldn't wait any longer. So, I ran to the nearest restroom. In the restroom, they have a toilet, toilet paper, a trash, and a hose. What people are supposed to do, is use the restroom and clean themselves with the hose and their left hand. Well, you see, the toilet paper was only there for us foreigners who think it is odd to wipe ourselves with our hands. That is a very big reason why it is a taboo to touch any food item with your left hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment