Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jetlag

Today is my official first full day in India! I arrived at SFO very early at 4 a.m. Suprisingly, it seemed abandoned as there was hardly anyone there. I was nervous. Very Nervous! Of course, I did not let my family know of my nervousness. Made it to my gate, said my goodbyes, and went through security. The flight went well from SFO to Newark, NJ. I sat next to a mother and young daughter who discreetly tried looking out of my window. Once in the airport at Newark, I realize just how hungry I am and head over to a pizza restaurant and get a slice of cheese pizza. I'm still not sure if it actually tasted good, or if I was just starving. Eventually, after waiting several hours and having the flight be delayed, I boarded the plane for my first international flight! The plane was HUGE! The flight was very long, 14 hours and 30 minutes. I watched movies, slept, and ate the complimentary meals which consisted of palak paneer, dahl lentils, yogurt, and other items. After landing, I struggled through customs, finding my luggage, exchanging money, and finding a taxi. After using all of my brain power, and asking for help from anyone who would listen, I arrived at my hotel The Grand Hotel. It is a very luxurius hotel. I have a lovely room with a view of the grounds and fountain. I will be catching a taxi at 11 and going on my flight to Indore, India to arrive finally at Barli Development Institute for Rural Women!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Raquel! I'm SO GLAD that you have arrived in India SAFELY!! We prayed for your safe flight last night and will continue to pray for you while you're gone. Thank you for having this Blog! It'll be fun to check and read of your on-goings while you're in India. Can't wait to read your next blog!
    <3 Mrs. Wong

    ReplyDelete